Friday, May 30, 2008

Celebrity Status

This will be a quick post, but I wanted to update you on my celebrity-ish status here in Zambia. Living right next door to us is the minister of agriculture here in zambia. Because of this, the village is quite busy and they are holding many meetings related to his position. Frequently, there are armed guards just standing around on the streets (guys I wish I knew something about guns so I could tell you what kind of gun, but I do not). There is another cabinet member that lives just down the street whom I had the pleasure of meeting a few nights ago.

My friend that I met at the Zambian concert at Gateway church a few months ago has been in touch with me. They will be arriving in 3 weeks and I hope to spend some time with them while they are here, and possbily going to see their school and assist them in the work they are doing. The world is such a small place.

By friends! Na Kuyewa meningue! (I miss you very much!)

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I love you, friend, and I'm so glad you are here safely. How nice to know you are just "down the road". :)

Michele said...

I found your blog on andrea's! I'll be joining you in beautiful Zambia in 9 days!!! I can't wait! though I've experienced many of the emotions you wrote about in an earlier blog! :) Are there any forgotton items I could bring next week? tortilla chips? guacamole mix? :)