Sunday, July 22, 2007

Joyful

I apologize for the length of time since my last post, and I was reading over it I realized it was lacking a spirit of hope. So, here I am your faithful servant to debrief you once more.

I believe that I am just now starting to process all that I have experienced and witnessed this summer. The Lord is really working on my heart personally as well as through the lives of these sweet and beautiful children.

As I was reflecting on some scripture last night, I became overwhelmed at how loving our God is. I have looked at my life over the last year and seen what God's hand has accomplished, and I feel so undeserving. Yet I know that He has given me everything for His glory, and how much comfort I can find in that. I believe that He is healing alot of bitterness in me and causing me to pursure hard after Him. I come to realize more and more everyday how much I need the love, redemption and security of Christ.

He loves me, He loves you! Each of us are worthy to be given everything good because it is a privelege to be called a child of God. He will rejoice over us with singing and quiet us with His love. I am so thankful for the healing and security the Lord gives me, that I may walk confidently in His word.

Last week was amazing! I have been making more and more house calls lately. I feel so honored that these families and caregivers have invited me into their homes so freely and without reservation. They have welcomed me, and I know that it is only by the Lord's hand that I am able to share gospel and to help them in any small way. I have so much to tell you all about the children but it seems overwhelming to try to post it all here. I look forward to seeing each and everyone one of you upon my return in three weeks.

Please pray that the Lord will be my guide. That I will pursue what is right, holy and pure. I love you all!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

You are amazing, friend. We miss you dearly and can't wait to hear all those incredible stories!